GreenJobs is proudly revolutionising waste management in South Africa. By distributing and installing the semi-underground waste bins, GreenJobs is introducing this safe and sustainable initiative to various industrial and commercial clients to minimise the effect of their waste on the environment.
The semi-underground waste bins holds several benefits including:
- Reduced transportation costs, because of high collection capacity.
- Space saving with 2/3 less space needed in comparison with surface bins.
- Attractive design.
- Faster collection of waste.
- Hygienic because the vertical design allows for older waste at the bottom, where the earth’s coolness prevents bacterial growth.
- Safe to use and the emptying process does not involve any hazardous metals.
- Can be used in parks at offices and residential areas.
- Minimises environmental footprint.
- Promotes recycling.
GreenJobs recently emptied one of the semi-underground waste bins at Route 21 Corporate Office Park in Irene. Here are some images to show to process.
The unit contains a reusable lifting bag installed within the well and a secure lid, which is removed when the unit is emptied.
Once the bag is positioned over the truck box, a safety mechanism is triggered to open the bottom of the bag, which allows for emptying of the content into a truck.